Privacy and Terms and Conditions
Thank you for visiting the Business Oregon Web site. By accessing the site, you accept these terms and conditions without limitation.
1. Without limiting any of the foregoing, the content of the site is provided "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY and FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
2. You agree that you will hold harmless and indemnify the state of Oregon and its agencies and officers from and against any damages based on your use of content of this site.
Interactive Application Download
Business Oregon provides a desktop application as a download. Using the provided link requires a visitor to download an Adobe application to that visitor's computer. If a visitor chooses to download the required software and provided application they do so at their own risk. Business Oregon shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on this software.
Links to the Business Oregon Web Site
Business Oregon is an Oregon state agency; therefore linking should not suggest that the department promotes or endorses any third-party causes, ideas, Web sites, products or services. You cannot use frames, or other visual altering tools, around the Web content or inline link any department Web content. The department reserves the right to withdraw the permission for any link.
Links to Third-Party Web Sites
Business Oregon has provided links to Web sites maintained by third parties, over which the department has no control. Business Oregon is not responsible for the content of those Web sites. Links to other sites are provided as informational resources only. Business Oregon does not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites, and the department is not responsible or liable for the content, operations, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or services or other material on or available from such sites. Business Oregon shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on through such site. Visitors to external Web sites are advised to check the privacy statements of those sites and be cautious about providing personally identifiable information without a clear understanding of how the information will be used. Business Oregon is not responsible for the content of those Web sites.
Business Oregon provides links to federal, state and local government Web sites and educational institutions that provide information or services related to topics covered on the Business Oregon Web site or that users of the department site may find of interest. Business Oregon may, at its discretion, provide links to Web sites of non-profit organizations and private or commercial entities if they offer information or services related to topics covered on the department Web site, and are consistent with the purpose of the Web site. All requests for links to non-governmental sites will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Requests are to be made in writing and may be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Business Oregon will determine whether the external Web site fits with the purpose of the Business Oregon Web site and where the link should be placed within the site's content structure. Links may be removed or replaced at the discretion of Business Oregon, at any time and without notice.
Links to sites containing the following types of content are not considered appropriate to the Business Oregon Web site:
- Sites that exhibit hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- Affiliation or advocacy of a political party, organization or candidate running for office;
- Content not suitable for readers or viewers of all ages;
- Content that infringes on any trademark, copyright or patent rights of another;
- Content that a reasonable citizen may not consider to maintain the dignity and decorum appropriate for government.