Office of Minority, Women and Emerging Small Business
The Office of Minority, Women and Emerging Small Business (OMWESB) is the sole certification authority for the state of Oregon and provides a "one-stop" certification process. Certification opens the door to targeted government contracting opportunities. Certifications include:
- Federally funded transportation related projects
- Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program (ACDBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program (DBE)
- Contracting opportunities with state, county and city government agencies and special jurisdictions (e.g., hospitals and universities)
- Minority Business Enterprise Program (MBE)
- Women Business Enterprise Program (WBE)
- Emerging Small Business Program (ESB)
Recognized minority groups: Black American, Hispanic American, Native American, Asian Pacific American and Subcontinent Asian American
Online Certification Management
Learn how to avoid common mistakes and omissions when applying for DBE certification.
When using the following links, you will leave the Business Oregon site and go to a third-party provider hosting the certification system.
System Home Page and Login
Apply for Certification
If you do not have the ability to access the e-application process, you may file using a Word document posted on each program page.
New Service Disabled Veteran Certification
Legislation passed during the 2015 session that creates a new Service Disabled Veteran Certification becomes effective January 1, 2016. If interested, contact our office to be placed on a notification list.
You also may qualify for other certifications and are encouraged to apply pending the implementation of the Service Disabled Veteran Certification.