Access to Capital
Loans & Loan Guarantees
The following business finance programs are backed by lottery dollars and include direct loan and loan guarantees.
- Oregon Business Development Fund (OBDF) provides direct loans that leverage private capital and provides incentives for businesses to expand or locate in Oregon.
- Oregon Capital Access Program (CAP) provides a form of loan portfolio loss reserve so banks may make business loans that carry higher than conventional risks while complying with federal and state banking regulations.
- Oregon Credit Enhancement Fund (CEF) provides loan guarantees to banks in order to increase capital availability to small businesses.
- Oregon Industrial Development Bonds (IDB) are available to manufacturing projects, exempt facilities and nonprofit organizations to provide access to capital primarily for value-added manufacturing.
- Entrepreneurial Development Loan Fund (EDLF) offers direct loans to help start-ups, micro-enterprises and small businesses expand or become established in Oregon.
- Angel funding support and opportunities.
- Aggie Bonds (Beginning and Expanding Farmer Loan Program) provides new farmers tax-exempt financing for capital purchases.
- Business Expansion Program is a cash incentive based on the estimated
increase in new personal income tax revenue resulting from the new hires from the
expansion or relocation project.
- Business Retention Services Program is designed to help private sector companies with multi-industry expertise in finance, marketing, operations, turnarounds, restructurings, feasibility studies, etc.
- Small Business Credit Initiative is a federal initiative capitalizing several agency finance programs.
- Oregon New Market Tax Credit delivers below-market-rate investment options to Oregon businesses and creates jobs in low-income communities.
- Brownfields Redevelopment assists by providing financing for activities from site assessment to cleanup for properties where known or suspected environmental contamination is a barrier to redevelopment.
- Western Juniper Industry Fund provides loans to businesses engaged in manufacturing products from Western Juniper.
Business interested in export activities, including financial assistance, should visit our Global Connections section. Those interested in tax incentives will find a listing on our Tax Incentives page.