Access to Capital
Loans & Loan Guarantees
The following business finance programs are backed by lottery dollars and include direct loan and loan guarantees.
- Oregon Business Development Fund (OBDF) provides direct loans that leverage private capital and provides incentives for businesses to expand or locate in Oregon.
- Oregon Capital Access Program (CAP) provides a form of loan portfolio loss reserve so banks may make business loans that carry higher than conventional risks while complying with federal and state banking regulations.
- Oregon Credit Enhancement Fund (CEF) provides loan guarantees to banks in order to increase capital availability to small businesses.
- Oregon Industrial Development Bonds (IDB) are available to manufacturing projects, exempt facilities and nonprofit organizations to provide access to capital primarily for value-added manufacturing.
- Entrepreneurial Development Loan Fund (EDLF) offers direct loans to help start-ups, micro-enterprises and small businesses expand or become established in Oregon.
- Angel funding support and opportunities.
- Aggie Bonds (Beginning and Expanding Farmer Loan Program) provides new farmers tax-exempt financing for capital purchases.
- Business Expansion Program is a cash incentive based on the estimated
increase in new personal income tax revenue resulting from the new hires from the
expansion or relocation project.
- Business Retention Services Program is designed to help private sector companies with multi-industry expertise in finance, marketing, operations, turnarounds, restructurings, feasibility studies, etc.
- Small Business Credit Initiative is a federal initiative capitalizing several agency finance programs.
- Oregon New Market Tax Credit delivers below-market-rate investment options to Oregon businesses and creates jobs in low-income communities.
- Brownfields Redevelopment assists by providing financing for activities from site assessment to cleanup for properties where known or suspected environmental contamination is a barrier to redevelopment.
Business interested in export activities, including financial assistance, should visit our Global Connections section. Those interested in tax incentives will find a listing on our Tax Incentives page.