Directory is temporarily unavailable. Please email us so we can provide it.
- Minority/Women Business Enterprise (MWBE)
- Emerging Small Business (ESB)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
Contact Certification Staff
Laws, Statutes & Rules
How to File a Complaint about a Certified Business
Minority and Women Business Enterprise Certification
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Women Business Enterprise (WBE) certifications are for businesses seeking contracting opportunities for state, county and city government and special jurisdiction (e.g., hospitals and universities) contracting opportunities.
- Certifications do not expire
- Certification is based on the individual rather than the size of the business
Qualifications for MWBE Certification
- U.S. citizen or a lawfully admitted, permanent resident
- Organized as a for-profit business
- At least 51% owned and controlled by a socially and economically disadvantaged individual
- Contribution of capital equal to ownership
- Individual controls and manages the day-to-day operations; includes experience and education
- Operate and owned independently; must not be dependent on non-disadvantaged firms or individuals
- Properly licensed (e.g., engineering, architecture, electrician, plumber, construction, etc.) and registered with the Secretary of State
- Gross annual receipts (3 yr. average) not to exceed $23.98 million
How to Apply
Apply for certification online. If you don't have the ability to access the online system, you may file using this Word document. Mail the original application and required documentation to Business Oregon, COBID, 775 Summer St NE, Suite 200, Salem, OR 97301-1280.