Oregon Capital Access Program
The Oregon Capital Access (CAP) Program helps lenders (banks and credit unions) make more commercial loans to small businesses and provides capital for start-up or expansion. The program is designed for non-profit and for-profit businesses seeking funds for most business purposes.
All types of loans and lines of credit are eligible. Lenders build a loan-loss reserve each time they enroll a loan. Contributions to the loan-loss reserve account are matched by Oregon Capital Access Program.
- have enrollment fees between 3% and 7% as determined by the financial institution,
- will receive a match on the enrollment fee of up to $35,000 per borrower and
- have rates and terms for repayment determined by the lender.
CAP loans may not be used to:
- purchase or improve residential housing,
- purchase or improve real property not used for business operations or
- refinance an existing balance of a non-enrolled loan.